vrijdag 7 april 2017

Weekend Plans

Is anyone else vaguely giraffe obsessed as of late? Alexas_Fotos / Pixabay

Happy Friday!  This has been one of those weeks where I can’t believe it’s already Friday and I am really really ready for the weekend.  I’m also struggling with the fact that it’s already April.  My triathlon season starts NEXT MONTH!

I have a lot going on next week, so a big part of my weekend plans include doing a bunch of meal prep for the week.  I’ve been using my Instant Pot a lot and at some point, I will put together a post about what I use it for.  Even if you’re not a cook, if you like to meal prep in a short amount of time, the Instant Pot is awesome.

Of course, I have a couple of workouts on my schedule, and I will be using my run to do the Zombies Run! virtual race.  I’m typically not big on virtual races, but I have been using the Zombies Run app since the beginning – it was the first Kickstarter project I ever backed.  Because I only use it when I run outside, I’m behind in the missions, so I haven’t paid for the app at all except for that first Kickstarter payment, so I decided it was time to throw them a bit of money.  A few weeks back, for their 5 year anniversary, they put the previous virtual races up for a short period of time so that people could run them for free and the stories were so much fun that I’m glad I’m doing this one.

For those of you unfamiliar with the app, the only way I can describe it is that it’s like a radio show.  You can set the app to play music or podcasts or nothing at all, and then every so often, they break in with more of the story.  The general plot is that there is a zombie infection and you are a runner for one of the camps – so the story you’re hearing is the radio operators in your ear and your fellow runners around you.  It’s very well done.  I don’t typically listen to music while I run, preferring spoken word because it makes it easier to hear what’s going on around me, so this is perfect.

Sunday is the wedding celebration for two very awesome friends, and I’m so glad to be able to celebrate their marriage with them.  Talk about two people who truly deserve each other.

I’m also still working on my spring cleaning projects.  They are… not moving very quickly.  But hey, spring just started, right?  Plenty of time!

And of course, I will be obsessively checking to see if there is a baby giraffe in New York yet.  Because why not?

 

The post Weekend Plans appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten