woensdag 3 januari 2018

2018 Goals

USA-Reiseblogger / Pixabay

It’s 2018.  I know, I can’t believe it myself.  But it’s time to set some goals for 2018.

Fitness wise, 2017 was a banner year.  I had a number of amazing races.  It wasn’t something I planned for, but because I focused so much on my training, I ended up with some amazing results.

Finish my 70.3

In 2018, I’ve registered for my second 70.3.  Clearly, finishing that race is going to be a huge goal for me.  I haven’t set any specific goal times for the race as of yet, but I would love to PR.  I definitely think it’s possible, but we’ll save those goals for later.  For now, it’s just about training.

Get Healthy

I’m starting the year with some hamstring issues (I think).  Basically, something is hurty in my left leg.  So goal number one is to get this figured out and fixed.  It’s going to mean more time not running, but getting myself healthy is the most important thing.  It may even mean missing some of my early season races, but again sometimes things happen.  I’m being smart, seeing professionals, not asking Dr. Google, and stepping back from activities that are painful.  (Don’t run through injuries.  It’s a bad idea.)

Diet

In 2018, I also need to clean up my diet.  I’ve gone back to calorie tracking, less for the calories and more to make sure I’m getting enough protein.  I love carbs.  I love carbs so much.  Carbs are life.  And I can keep eating carbs – but I need to be eating way more protein.  Again, I’m not setting a specific goal (eat this much protein, this many carbs) but rather just trying to be more mindful about what I’m doing.

Budget

This year, I need to fix my budget.  While I’m not spending myself into debt, my spending has definitely gotten out of control.  One goal I’m working on is spending less money eating out.  This will also help me clean up my diet.  I’m just spending way too much money getting lunches out once or twice a week.

Giving Back

I spent some time volunteering at races last year and I loved it, so I’m going to do it again this year, and I’m even trying to step it up.  As I was already on the injured list when it came time to register for the Cherry Blossom Ten Miler lottery, I just wasn’t feeling it so I decided that I would volunteer at the race instead of running (even though I fully expect to be healed by April).

Giving back is an area that I really want to focus on this year, because I have gotten so much out of the running and triathlon community, and I want to be able to share that with others.

So that’s where I am this year.  It’s a good start, and we’ll see how things go.  I have high hopes for 2018.

The post 2018 Goals appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten