maandag 2 juli 2018

June Mileage Update

Another month of quality training down.  I definitely pushed this month and am feeling it in my body.  It’s a reminder that my hip is not and will never be healed, but I just have to keep going with my strength work and stretch and remember that I’m still in the recovery process, but I’m getting stronger every single day.

June Miles
Swim – 10.2 miles
Bike – 178 miles
Run – 34 miles

In all three sports, I had my highest monthly mileage all year.  Yes, much of that run mileage is actually walk during my run/walk workouts, but it’s miles on my feet and that counts.   I’m so excited to be at this point in my training.  I do have a long ways to go, but finally, FINALLY I’m really feeling like I’m seeing solid improvement.  I do have aches and pains, but nothing like what I was feeling back in December when I ran.

I still hate going to the pool.  I don’t hate swimming, I just hate the logistics.  But clearly, this month, I showed up anyway.  That’s what it’s about.  (Okay, so my training plan had at least another mile or two on it.  I got close.)

2018 Miles to Date
Swim – 29.4 miles
Bike – 974 miles
Run – 43 miles

 

The post June Mileage Update appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten