dinsdag 9 oktober 2018

Yum! Luvo Meals Review

Disclaimer: I received a Luvo Bundle to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

I really want to be that person who is great at meal prepping on the weekend.  I am so impressed by people who put up Instagram posts on Sundays showing the lunches they have made and packed for the week.

I am very much not that person.  Sure, sometimes I manage to make some soup or a casserole and portion it out into single serving portions and toss them in the freezer.  But most of the time, I eat frozen meals (since I try to avoid going out to lunch, both to save money and calories).

Enter Luvo.  A lot of the frozen meals I have found are either unsatisfying or not the healthiest option.  What I love about Luvo meals is that they’re not only delicious, but they’re filled with protein, whole grains, and at least one serving of vegetables.  That means they’re good for me, but more importantly, they’re filling.  I don’t end up hungry right after I eat.

For this review, I tried Luvo’s Hint of Spice Sampler.  This sampler included two each of the following meals:

  • Mighty Masala and Greens
  • Great Karma Coconut Curry
  • Chana Masala
  • Thai-Style Green Curry Chicken

Yes, that is my keyboard in the background.

“Hint” of spice is definitely a good descriptor for these meals.  I love spicy foods, and definitely appreciated the spice in these meals.  They were so incredibly flavorful.  I didn’t want the meals to end – but I certainly wasn’t hungry after finishing either.  If you’re not into spicy foods, they might not be for you, but don’t worry, Luvo has other good options as well.

I’m not sure which of the meals was my favorite.  It’s probably a tie between the Great Karma Coconut Curry and the Chana Masala.  While eating the Coconut Curry, my boss actually walked into my office and said “That smells amazing.  What is it?”  If that’s not a ringing endorsement, I don’t know what is.

Yes, I would also like to be that person who puts their microwave meal into a fancy bowl before eating, but ain’t nobody got time for that.

These Luvo meals were all super easy to heat.  You know how some microwave meals have all sorts of weird instructions?  Poke three equidistant holes, microwave at 72% power for 3 minutes and then 45% power for 2 minutes?  None of that here.  Pop the meal in, microwave for the set amount of time at full power, and boom, you have lunch.

I have a crazy week coming up and will likely be eating Luvo meals for lunch every day.  It’s so nice to know that I don’t have to worry about meal planning and will have something tasty and healthy available to me.  And I will probably be stocking up on additional meals as well.

You can find Luvo meals in your local stores (use the store finder here) or purchase online.  From now through October 23, use the code BRPFREESHIP for free shipping.

 

The post Yum! Luvo Meals Review appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten