donderdag 1 november 2018

October Mileage Recap

I’d say I’m officially back to running.  With the Army Ten Miler under my belt and some more double digit runs on the way, it feels good to finally be able to train again.  I’m still working to bring the speed back as well and I am so stiff the day after a long run, but that will all improve with time.

I’m also starting to think about my 2019 race season.  I’m still going to be doing quite a bit of rebuilding, but I’m hoping for some big things come mid-year.  I’m not sure that I’ve mentioned it here, but next year, I’m tackling 70.3 Ohio!  I haven’t done a 70.3 since 2016, so this is going to be real test of my recovery.   Mostly, I’m just excited to race with a whole bunch of friends and do a bunch of stupidly long training rides.

October
Swim: 3.8 miles
Bike: 117 miles
Run: 54 miles

Not too shabby!  Considering I had a choir concert in there with a ton of hours of rehearsal, this is some pretty decent mileage.  Of course, as it’s getting cold, it’s getting harder and harder to go to the pool in the mornings.  I read somewhere that even Olympic swimmers loathe the moment they have to get into the pool on a cold winter morning, so it’s good to know that feeling’s never gonna fade.

2018 Totals
Swim: 52.1 miles
Bike: 1430 miles
Run: 209 miles

The post October Mileage Recap appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten