zaterdag 29 september 2018

Protect Yourself with Nuun Immunity

Disclaimer: I received two tubes of Nuun Immunity to review as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews!

I have been a fan of Nuun for years.  I’m one of those people who sweats like a fiend during workouts (and sometimes not during workouts – I’m gross like that), and so I like being able to add electrolytes to my water without adding a bunch of calories.  So when the chance to try out Nuun Immunity popped up, I jumped on the opportunity.

Like traditional Nuun Hydration, Nuun Immunity comes in a tube of tablets that you add to water.  Nuun Immunity is described as

a propriety mix of botanicals and electrolytes to aid in the protection of your immune system, with a balance of anti-inflammatories (including turmeric & ginger) and free-radical fighting antioxidants (such as elderberry & echinacea).

It comes in two flavors – orange citrus and blueberry tangerine.  I had the opportunity to try both, and I honestly can’t tell you which one I prefer.  Both are pretty tasty.  I think blueberry tangerine might have a slight edge, but it’s really hard to say.  One of my fellow Bibrave Pros even suggested using a 32 ounce bottle and mixing two tablets together.  I haven’t tried that yet.

I started drinking Nuun Immunity first thing in the morning with my coffee and breakfast.  I liked it so much that I ended up buying four more tubes (two of each flavor).  I always started my day with a big glass of water, and I’ve found it even easier to drink down a big glass of Nuun Immunity.

Because it contains turmeric, the color is a bit… interesting.  It’s a very bright yellowy orange.  If you’ve used turmeric in cooking or supplements, this won’t surprise you at all.  I was expecting blueberry tangerine to be more blue and it’s still pretty darn orange.

Now, what does it do for me?  Well, that’s obviously hard to predict, but I can say that my entire office has been down with some sort of upper respiratory ailment.  Lots of coughing and sniffles, and most of the team has been out sick at least one day.  They seem to be recovering and I seem to have made it through without catching it (knock on wood).

Honestly, I thought I would get sick after my race last weekend, since it’s not uncommon for me to come down with a cold virus after racing.  But one week out and I’m still feeling good.  Is it entirely due to the Nuun Immunity?  I can’t say, but I’m sure it has helped!

You can take up to six servings a day, so if I did start to feel under the weather, I would certainly be upping my servings to help protect my immune system.  I know a lot of people use various vitamin C supplements during cold and flu season, and Nuun Immunity provides you with the vitamin C you need, plus other immune boosting ingredients.

While I got to try it for free, I’m definitely a believer and will be keeping Nuun Immunity as part of my diet at least through cold and flu season.

A single tube costs $7.00 and contains 10 tablets (note – traditional Nuun has 12 tablets per tube, so these are a bit larger), and you can use the code HYDRATEBIBPRO for 20% off through the end of October.

 

The post Protect Yourself with Nuun Immunity appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten