woensdag 26 oktober 2016

Wednesday Workout Recap

I’ve noticed a lot of people track their annual mileage.  I used to track my run mileage, but I’ve definitely fallen off the wagon on that one.  I think for 2017, I’m going to use these recaps to add up my swim/bike/run mileage and see what I’m actually doing throughout the year.

Last week was definitely not a perfect week.  The downside to not pushing towards a big race is that I’m less motivated to get in my workouts.  But I did pretty well, I guess.

I also got some work done on my blog over the weekend.  Finally got my Race Reports page updated as well as my sidebar.  It made me realize that I’ve done a LOT of races.  And I think this is the first time that I’ve gotten this late in the year without a real plan for the next year.  Best work on that soon.

Monday – Rest Day.  I’m also back to choir rehearsals.  These are a little weird, since our director passed away unexpectedly this summer, so we’re working with guest conductors.  I definitely enjoy being there, but Monday rehearsals from 7:30-10 are tough.

Tuesday – Scheduled swim, but since I knew Wednesday’s workout was going to be a miss, I opted to get in a trainer ride and some lifting.  It also meant I got to bed early.

Wednesday – A good friend was in town, so we met for dinner.  No workout.

Thursday – Lifting. Lots of lifting.  I’m so glad to be back to regular strength work.  I never want to do it, but then I realize just how incredible it makes me feel.

Friday – Trainer ride and strength work.

Saturday – Oh, the joys of flexibility in my schedule.  I flipflopped the weekend’s workouts due to the weather.  So this became a 1:45 trainer ride.

Sunday – Gorgeous 8 mile run.  We’re having perfect running weather right now.  I know it’s not going to last, but I’m going to enjoy every single minute of it.

 

The post Wednesday Workout Recap appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten