maandag 8 mei 2017

So Much Work, So Little Time

This is a fair approximation of how I felt at the end of last week. stux / Pixabay

It’s been an insane two weeks.  We had a big work event that involved four days of travel last week, and I’m still not sure I’m fully recovered.

It was definitely an awesome event, but the lead-up and execution was incredibly stressful and meant a lot of overtime.  That also meant a lot of missed workouts, which probably didn’t help my stress levels.

This season, I’m really working to prioritize my health.  I don’t want to risk letting myself get run down and then prone to getting sick.  So I’m making a point to try to get 8 hours of sleep a night.  I’m really getting closer to 7, but even that’s a big help.   While things were crazy, I also made a point to not push workouts.  For example, I had a trainer ride to do and it was clear that I just didn’t have the energy to get it done properly.  So rather than destroy myself, I just took it easy and tried to not worry about it.

Of course, I have a race this weekend, so I am a little worried about it, but I’ve decided it’s better to go into the race healthy and well rested and slightly undertrained than totally burned out.  At least that’s what I’m trying to tell myself.  It’s easier said than done!

The post So Much Work, So Little Time appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten