woensdag 7 juni 2017

Do one thing every day that scares you

I’m currently working on my race recap for Escape the Cape, but it probably won’t be out until later in the week.  The race has free race photos (amazing!) so I’m waiting and hoping to have a few good pics from the race.

But I just have to say – this event was amazing.  When I set up my race schedule this year, I made it a goal to do something that scared me.  Last year, that race was Augusta 70.3.  The distance was daunting, and the idea of that training was a little terrifying.

This year, I had initially planned to register for a different 70.3, which ultimately got cancelled, and I just couldn’t find a 70.3 that I wanted to do that fit well into my schedule.  I’m a busy lady, after all.

So instead, I decided to jump off of a boat.

Escape the Cape starts with a leap off of the Cape May-Lewes Ferry.  You jump off a boat.  And then swim a mile (or .35 miles if you’re doing the sprint).  It is intense and intimidating.

And it was awesome.

Eleanor Roosevelt said “Do one thing every day that scares you.”  I certainly don’t do something frightening every day, but when I do, I like to go big.

Of course, now I’m wondering what I have to do in 2018.

The post Do one thing every day that scares you appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten