dinsdag 3 januari 2017

2017 Goals

So it’s that time of year where everyone is setting their New Year’s Resolutions.  I prefer to look at goals for the year.  Not just little things like “get healthy” or “be nicer to people” but taking a serious look at the year and figuring out what I would like to accomplish in that year.

Continue with Swim Bike Fuel Nutrition Plan

When I’m paying attention to what I’m eating and trying to follow the precepts of the SBF nutrition plan, I feel much better, my workouts are better, my skin looks better, and I slowly lose weight.  I need to continue to stick with the plan.  That doesn’t mean that my eating will be “perfect,” or that there won’t be highs and lows with my weight, but I’m going to try to continue to treat food as fuel and fuel my body with good foods.  Yes, I would like to lose some more weight, and that will come with proper nutrition.  I have found that if I focus specifically on the weight, it’s too easy to get frustrated and give up.  If I instead focus on eating good food with treats included, I do so much better.  Plus I eat much tastier treats.

Increase My FTP

This one is my coach’s idea.  (And no, I don’t mean File Transfer Protocol.) In cycling, FTP is Functional Threshold Power. There are a lot of technical definitions of what this means, but essentially, it’s the maximum power a cyclist can sustain for an hour.

Testing FTP is a good way to show if I’m improving, plus it’s a good way to set my training zones and keep me from pushing too hard, but ensuring I’m not going too easy on myself.

I like the idea of having something concrete that I can work on.

Volunteer More

Last year, I was really focused on training for my 70.3.  While I don’t regret anything, I did miss out on being at some of my favorite races.  This year, I want to be sure to organize my schedule so that I can race and also give back at other races.

I also want to put together a mini bike repair clinic for newbies.  So many people don’t know how to take care for their bikes.  I want to teach things like fixing a flat tire, a dropped chain, and general bike maintenance.  I was always so nervous that I would get a flat tire during a race and I wouldn’t know what to do.  For a lot of newbies, they just say “Well, if I get a flat, that’s the end of my race.”  But it doesn’t have to be!  I taught myself how to fix a flat by just repeating the process over and over while sitting in front of the tv one evening.  And then I did get a flat during a race.  I certainly wasn’t the fastest at it, but I knew what to do and I got it done and finished the race.

Spend At Least One Hour a Week Crafting

I have so many cool craft supplies in my house.  I never seem to make time for them.  So in 2017, I want to make a point to spend at least an hour a week working on some sort of craft project.  Doesn’t matter what it is.  And I hope to actually find more than an hour a week, but this will get me to do something creative.

Keep My House Clean

You know what? Maybe I’m reaching too far with these goals.  Better cut it off at four and not push it.

The post 2017 Goals appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten