dinsdag 10 januari 2017

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday.  Happy birthday to me!  I’m a whopping 36 years old, which seems kind of old and also kind of super young.  After all, my cousin shared a quote from my grandma this weekend.  “I’m 92.  That’s pretty damn old.”  So 36 is super young.

Also, as I like to tell my friends with kids, good job to my parents for keeping me alive for 36 years.  Though I suppose at some point, that became my responsibility.  This adulting thing is really no fun.

This is the first year in many that I’m not at Walt Disney World for marathon weekend for my birthday.  That said, given the weather, maybe I made the right choice by skipping.  I was sad to miss all the fun though, and am halfheartedly considering going next year just to cheer for friends.  I just wish race weekend weren’t so close to New Year’s.  That makes it so much harder to take time off.  Plus crowds.

On their birthdays, a lot of bloggers like to post lists of things they’ve accomplished in the past year of their lives.  I sort of already did that with my 2016 recap.  One of the joys of being born on the tenth day of the year.  (Another advantage – my triathlon race age is always my actual age – until I find a tri on Jan 1-9.)

Others like to post about things they want to do before their next banner birthday.  I guess that next one is 40, which I choose to not think about.  If I pretend it doesn’t exist, it won’t happen, right?  But mostly, when I’ve created those lists, I’ve found that as time goes on, the things that I thought were important goals in my life became totally different goals.  At 30, I had no idea that I would end up racing a 70.3, and that was a huge goal for me last year.  So I have no clue what the next years will bring, what my interests will be, and what I will hold as important.  Maybe I’ll take up cliff diving or something (likely not).

As to great plans for my birthday, well, note the earlier mentioned adulting.  I’m going to work and then going to swim practice in the evening.  Big fun, I tell you.  But I’m sure there will be cake at some point.  All birthdays need cake.

The post Happy Birthday to Me! appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten