zaterdag 23 januari 2016

Liveblogging the Blizzard of 2016 – Part 2


Welcome to part two of my live blog.  If you missed part one, check it out here.

Saturday

7:45am – I wake up because a cat is pawing at my face.  I guess it’s morning.  I can hear the furnace running, so this is a good sign.  Means I still have power.  Let’s see what it looks like outside.

Looking out the window, it’s hard to say what’s going on out there.

IMG_1738

I mean, the firepit is gone and the large planter is almost MIA, but maybe it’s not that bad.

So I decided to take my trusty yardstick and go outside.

Shouldn't there be a step down here?

Shouldn’t there be a step down here?

IMG_1740

And I know these are stairs.

14 inches. Yikes.

14 inches. Yay?

So we’re officially at 14 inches at my house and it’s still coming down pretty steadily.  it’s not super windy here, though there are occasional gusts.  Fingers crossed.

8:15am – Instances of cat barf cleaned: 1.

8:30am – I could only convince the cat to check out the front porch, where there’s about 4 inches of snow.  This furry little jerk tends to howl at the front door, demanding to go outside, so of course, I had to let him out in the snow.

IMG_1753

The post Liveblogging the Blizzard of 2016 – Part 2 appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten