woensdag 20 januari 2016

Wednesday Workout Recap

… or not.

Yep, this one was a joke.  In my defense, on Monday, I realized I was getting sick with a cold.  And I was still in Florida.  So I walked a lot.  Does that count?  I say it does.

Tuesday through Thursday, I was in bed early trying to fight off the cold.  It’s been a while since I’ve gotten the Disney crud this bad, and I shouldn’t have been that run down.  Is this what happens when you get old?  I’m officially on the downward slide to 40 and my immune system has hit retirement?

By Friday, I was feeling marginally better, so I did an easy 45 minute bike ride. It went about as well as you would imagine, seeing as I had been sick for so long.

Saturday I went for a Bike Fit by Smiley and if you are a local cyclist, GO!  I haven’t been happy on my tri bike for a while, even though I went back to the store a few times to get the fit right.  Going back to the store is no longer an option since it closed, so upon the recommendation of three separate people, I went to see Smiley and I’m so glad I did.  He works out of his garage and isn’t trying to sell you anything, so he’s really looking for what’s best for you and your bike, not what he has in the shop that will work.  It can be hard as a bigger cyclist to go into these experts, but I never once felt like I was a lesser customer to him.  In fact, some of the big adjustments he wanted to make were things I had asked the bike shop about (bringing my elbow pads back, pedal spacers) and things they said really weren’t done.  Considering my road bike has pedal spacers, this seems obvious.

Of course, since he doesn’t have parts in stock, he sent me away to buy pedal spacers and I have to come back so we can perfect the fit, but it’s one way to know I’m not being sold something I don’t need.

That evening, I rode for a little over an hour before my lungs decided enough was enough, but the fit already feels better.  Now I just need to work on my hamstring flexibility and my core strength so I can be even happier in aero.

Sunday I opted to not run and took down the Christmas tree instead.  It was time.

The post Wednesday Workout Recap appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten