dinsdag 19 januari 2016

Oh no! Snow!

IMG_1714There is snow in the forecast.

And you would think the world is ending.

Admittedly, the DC area does not handle snow well.  On the radio this morning, the meteorologist described the storm as a “disruptive weather event.”  The host commented back, “What are we talking, because snow flurries are a disruptive weather event here.”

It’s funny ’cause it’s true.

There is possible snow coming (or maybe just rain) and the people in my office are in a total panic.  Lots of talk about hitting the grocery store early and stocking up in case they get snowed in.  Now, if you notice the forecast above, the snow may start on Friday, but with the warmup on Monday, it’s not as if someone is going to get trapped in their house for a week.  If you usually do your grocery shopping on the weekends, I can see hitting the store early, but really, you’re probably going to be okay.  Make sure you have milk for the kids plus sugar and vanilla for snow ice cream.

I have cat food and Kind bars and wine, so my mom would say that I’m well prepared.

Of course, this means I will probably be doing my long run inside again this weekend.  Yes, I could go out in the cold and snow, but given my luck, I would find all of the ice and fall.  But it’s not the end of the world.

That said, part of me wants to go to the grocery store to just watch the crazy eyed people.  When snow hits the forecast, it’s like they go insane.  No one needs a cart filled with toilet paper just because the snow is coming.  Really.  You’ll be okay with just one bulk package.

The post Oh no! Snow! appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten