vrijdag 26 februari 2016

Catching Up

This has been a busy week.  Well, a busy week plus.

I love my job, but we’ve been insanely busy.  Without going into too much detail, our department workload has increased, plus we’ve gone from 3 people to 2 on our project team, so I’m at about 175% of normal workload right now.  It’s exhausting!  I have a very understanding boss, but at the same time, we have to get everything done, so it’s been a lot of hours in the office.

I’ve been trying to keep up with  my training, but on Wednesday night, for example, I got out of the office about 2 hours late and was just exhausted, so I had drinks and pizza with a friend and called it a night.  I think I needed that mental break, to be honest.

This weekend should help.  I’m not bringing work home (because I will likely have to the next few weekends), and I plan to sleep in.  And, of course, get my house into shape for my brother and sister-in-law’s visit next weekend.  I’m pretty sure my brother won’t notice the fur tumbleweeds in my house, but my SIL will, and while she probably won’t judge me, since they’ve never seen my house, I should get it in order.  Plus I have to finish assembling their bed.  IKEA furniture is no joke!

I also got my fabulous Team Coeur kit, and need to get pictures taken for that.  Because what everyone loves is putting on spandex and pulling out a camera.  Maybe this will convince me to stop eating peanut butter and chocolate chips for dinner (what, I haven’t had time to go to the grocery store!).

 

The post Catching Up appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten