donderdag 14 april 2016

Keeping Busy

Source

Congressional Gold Medal Ceremony for the Borinqueneers – Source

Yesterday was a long day.  An awesome day, but a long day.  I went to the ceremony pictured above (my photos are much less awesome).  My job affords me a lot of very cool opportunities.

But it meant that yesterday was exhausting.  And I realized that when I get stressed, I forget to take care of myself.  Hydration, for example.  I realized that by the time I got out of the ceremony, I had managed to consume only about 24 ounces of water all day (plus two mugs of tea and a mug of coffee).  I try to get in 80 ounces before 5pm, so this wasn’t great.  And it probably contributed to my exhaustion.

I wanted nothing more than to head home, stop by a take-out place and get dinner, and plop down on the couch.  But that wasn’t really a viable option.  So instead, I got home, chugged some water, and hopped onto the treadmill to get in my 4 mile run while watching an episode of The West Wing.

(Side note – if you’re a West Wing fan and not listening to the podcast Josh Malina is doing with a friend discussing each of the episodes, you are missing out.)

And by the end of the run, I felt a lot better.  I still wanted to crawl into bed, but I definitely felt less exhausted.  And I was glad to have gotten in the workout.  My first tri of the season isn’t that far away, and I need to be getting in my workouts.  And also taking care of myself.  Today’s goal?  Lots of water.

The post Keeping Busy appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten