vrijdag 22 april 2016

Spring weather makes me happy

Spring! Couleur / Pixabay

Spring!  I think spring is finally here!  At least if the coating of yellow pollen on my car is any indication.  Yesterday I hit the rear windshield wiper to clear off some of the pollen and it was horrifying how much went flying into the air.

While I love my indoor workouts, I’m so excited to finally be able to go outside and get in quality workouts again.  There is no substitute for riding hills or pounding the pavement.  Seeing as I have a 12 mile run on the schedule for Saturday, I’m very excited to not have to do it indoors.

(Do some people run outside all winter?  Yes.  Do I?  No, mostly for safety.  It’s less about the conditions and more about the number of people out.  Safety in numbers and all.  If it’s a nice clear day, I’ll head out, but the gloomy rainy days are good for no one.)

I’m not so much looking forward to the heat of summer, though I know I’ll have to be training with it to be ready for my 70.3.  No way around that one.  It’s gonna be hot.

But for now, I’m just going to enjoy the nice weather.  Throw the windows open while I’m home, and spend as much time as I can outside.  After the ridiculous winter we had, we deserve it.

 

The post Spring weather makes me happy appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten