maandag 25 juli 2016

No really, this heat can break anytime

camels in desert

This might be preferable since it’s less humid in the desert. eduponcedeleon / Pixabay

Remember when I said it was hot?

I lied.  NOW it’s hot.

On Saturday morning, I went out for a 40 mile bike ride.  I knew we were going to be under heat warnings, but I hoped to be able to get my miles in before it got too bad.  I opted to ride a local 2ish mile loop (yes, I’m aware of how many circles that is) because it meant I was never that far from my car, which meant not only could I stop at anytime, I could also keep water bottles in a cooler and refresh with cold water rather than warm water that had been riding with me on my bike all morning.

I made it through just under 34 miles before I tapped out.

I still felt okay at that point, but the ride was slow to begin with, and I had noticed my pace really beginning to drop.  I figured it was due to the heat more than anything else, and decided that it was safer to stop and not push myself and risk getting sick.

I was absolutely exhausted the rest of the day.  That kind of heat is really rough on your body!

So I didn’t get in my 40 miler, which means next weekend’s 50 miler isn’t going to be pretty.  But it should be at least 10 degrees cooler if the forecast is right, so that should be a huge help.

 

The post No really, this heat can break anytime appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten