donderdag 10 november 2016

Another Amazing Year with Team Coeur!

14937250_10202129186148850_4696717447271188280_n

Last week, Coeur Sports announced their team for 2017, and I am so excited to be on the team for the third year.  Coeur’s “motto” is “Heart and Courage,” and I have learned so much about heart and courage from my fellow team members.

Coeur Sports is an incredibly inclusive brand.  Their triathlon kits run what I would call true to size, and I was excited when they increased their sizing to 2XL.  No, that still isn’t all encompassing, but they’re a small business, and they have to move a bit slower than people would like, but they’re doing their best.

They also show this by embracing ambassadors of all shapes and sizes.  I’ve seen some chatter online recently after both Coeur and Smashfest announced their teams.  And both have women of all sizes.  Coeur was openly accused of only having skinny, model-sized ambassadors, only the fast people who land on the podium every race.  And do we have super fast athletes on their team who have abs that I covet?  Absolutely.  We also have mid-pack athletes, back-of-the-pack athletes, and team members wearing XS to 2XL.  No one is ever going to call me skinny or super fast, and while I have landed on the podium, it’s definitely a rarity.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty awesome the way I am, but I’m not going to pretend I’m something I’m not.

The thing about this list of women?  They (well, we) do our best to motivate and encourage everyone.  We want everyone to get involved in running or cycling or triathlon, and we want everyone to do it to the best of their ability.  If that means you’re on the podium, you’re awesome.  If that means you’re the last finisher, you’re awesome.  If that means you never race, you just enjoy running or biking or swimming, you’re awesome too.  It’s about getting out there and doing something for yourself, about pushing yourself through tough times, and about pride in what you’ve accomplished, no matter how great or small.

So I’m excited to be back on the team in 2017, and I hope to see you all out on a race course.  I look like garbage when I race, but I try to have a smile for all the other Coeur ladies I see out there.  I promise, it’s not a grimace.  It’s a smile.  Really.

The post Another Amazing Year with Team Coeur! appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten