donderdag 24 november 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

2933914_orig

Happy Thanksgiving, Americans!  (And happy almost-Friday to everyone else.)

2016 has been an… interesting year.  But I’m sure we can all find things to be thankful for this year.

I’m thankful for my family.  The more I talk to people, the more I realize just how lucky I am to have family who I actually like spending time with and who seem to like spending time with me.  And this year, I got a new family member with the birth of my niece.  That makes 2016 one of the best years ever.

I’m thankful for my friends.  I have some of the most awesome friends.  This year, I haven’t had as much time as I would have liked to spend with my friends, but that’s definitely changing in 2017, and I’m looking forward to the trips and events we already have planned.

I’m thankful for my health and my ability to run and bike and swim and complete ridiculous athletic adventures.  I’m not sure what drove me to start these challenges – anyone who knew me in my teens and early 20’s is probably completely confused as to how I turned into this person.  But I’m glad I did and I’m glad I can continue.

I’m thankful for my job.  It might not be perfect all the time and who knows what the new administration will bring, but it’s a pretty great job with a solid paycheck that allows me to have my house, my pets, and pay for these ridiculous adventures.

Oh, I’m thankful for my cats too, except this morning, when I could have slept in but someone decided he needed breakfast at 6am.  Furry little jerks.

 

The post Happy Thanksgiving! appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten