vrijdag 25 maart 2016

Still on the mend

I still have this stupid cold. Now it is apparently acute bronchitis. My doctor’s office is awesome and I can contact them through their app and have these conversations without having to go in or pay a copay. The future is awesome. Anyway, this is apparently going around, so have fun, fellow locals. There’s no treatment other than rest, so I have been doing a lot of nothing lately. I’ve pretty much missed every workout for the past two weeks. Next weekend’s race is gonna be awesome.

So what have I been doing instead of working out? Well, resting, obviously. Also getting stuff done. Right now, I am at the car dealership finally dealing with a recall and an oil change. Super fun.

Ive also been putting in some extra time at work. Not so much by choice, but by necessity. It is kind of nice to not have to worry about delaying my workouts because I am stuck at work late. Doesn’t mean I’m giving up my training though!

I started watching 11.22.63 on Hulu and it is excellent. I loved the book when I read it a few years ago, but I wasn’t sure about the miniseries because I don’t love James Franco. But it is really excellent and I highly recommend it. I am definitely re-reading the book once the miniseries is over too.

I feel like when I have free time, I just start spending money, which is dangerous. I find myself researching new hobbies that I normally don’t have time for. My latest obsession is pointed pen calligraphy. There are intro classes taught in the area so I might sign up at some point. Right now, I am just bookmarking things because I don’t actually have time for a new hobby. Triathlon is my hobby.

I’m also trying out Blue Apron. My first box comes today so we’ll see how that goes. I don’t love cooking, but I love eating, so it should be interesting.

So that’s my life right now. Planning to take my TT bike out tomorrow for some easy riding. Gotta get comfortable on it. I haven’t ever ridden it outside, and I have to start racing in May. I hope it won’t be as hard as I fear.

The post Still on the mend appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten