maandag 6 juni 2016

Pushing My Bike Pace

Saturday, the weather was threatening rain (turned out lovely), so I opted to get my miles in on a 2+ mile loop.  This sounds boring, and I will say, it’s not exciting, but I was only facing down an hour and 50 minutes so it wasn’t as bad as it sounds.  Most importantly, I was never much more than a mile from my car, just in case the skies opened.  They didn’t, thankfully, and it turned out to be an awesome ride.

I actually really enjoyed being able to ride in a loop.  It’s got shifting elevation, and one crappy but ultimately smallish hill, and it’s a great place to work on intervals.  It kind of kicked my ass, even though it was an easy loop.  It’s a good reminder that a workout is only as hard as you make it.  I could have half-assed it and just cruised through the time, but instead I pushed the intervals and had a great workout.  One of my big goals before my race is to bring up my bike pace, and this is the only way to do it.  The summer is going to be filled with killer bike workouts.  Should be fun!

And then Kristin and I hit the liquor store and I may have gone overboard.

IMG_2618

 

The post Pushing My Bike Pace appeared first on Elbowglitter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten